- Sunday - okay, on Sunday I wasn't on the worship team! so I got to sleep in a little. Then I came home and ate food... then I went to my Grandma's house to watch soccer with my dad, brother, grandpa, cousins and uncle. (Brazil won, btw.) Then at 6pm Seven had a band practice and we worked for a LONG time. Dude. it's going to be RAD. that's all I'm going to say. RAD
- Monday - Family day!! Pretty much didn't do anything exciting.
- Tuesday - Woke up at 9:30 and didn't come down until 10:30... first person I see is Josh sitting at the counter. (???) I went to Rebecca's house around 2 ishish and me, her and Mariah made Car Wash signs and listened to Taylor Swift. <3>
- Wednesday - First official Day of Mission:X - Yahoo! fun stuff happened on this day. at 3:30 we were supposed to have a band practice, which, according to custom, didn't start until 4. It was a great practice. We all registered and got a "Walgreens" water bottle. (booyah.) Also, we believe in having mascots for everything, so meet Sister Tabitha, our mascot. She's awesome... (More later) But, truely, truely, I say to you, not all was to go according to plan. Nathan was messing around and jumping off of stuff and somehow, he hit his head on the main house speaker in the auditorium and cut his head on a rather big screw thing. Cut is putting it nicely, folks. It was gross. They actually used glue (seriously.) to fix it. He did end up playing e. guitar for us, even with his head injury.
- Thursday - Second official Day of Mission:X - Yippee... We all met at 9am (too early). Pretty much drank soda for breakfast. We started with worship and then we sat around and listened to Chris talk about our Mission for the day. We (Me, Mrs. Taylor, Mariah, Becca and Jazmine) went door to door in Royal Oaks Neighborhood. It went really well and we had such a great time. We saw (and killed) two HUGE grasshoppers. NO JOKE. they were MONSTERS. Then, we found a turtle. Heck yes.
- Friday - Third official Day of Mission:X - On Friday Me, Mariah, Josh, Ray and Mr. Taylor all went out and cleaned the bathrooms for local businesses for free! It was a great way for us to let people know that we are here and that we care about our community. Later, I had lunch with the Gillands and then watched their rehearsal. They are so amazing!! Friday night we all headed out to the beach for a Fast Food Buffet and Sandcastle Contest. It rained, but we were able to sit under a pavilion and wait for it to stop. David Bush, Tyler and Sidney had a hamburger eating contest... David won. Just about everyone built sandcastles... Nolan made a turtle named Lenny which people kept stepping on.
- Saturday - Final day of Mission:X - Really early in the morning, like, around 12am, I woke up with the most terrible sore throat and headache. I tried to go back to sleep, but I couldn't, so I went downstairs around 1am and made some Chai tea (I couldn't find the peppermint.) I couldn't get to sleep until 2am, then I woke up at 2:30 and fell asleep at 3am, then woke up at 4am and went to sleep at 5am, then woke up again at 6am and fell asleep at 6:30, then woke up at 7 and made the executive decision NOT to go to the Car wash and to stay home and rest for Seven's performance at 6:05 that night. I headed out to the airport with Praise and Lindsay at 1:30pm for our Sound Check and everything was going great. (besides not being able to talk.) We went back home around 3:00 to get some more rest and to get ready for the big night. Well, when dad, tyler and I went up to the church to meet up with everybody and caravan over to the airport it started raining... and pouring right over the airport. All of our musical equipment got SOAKED. The guys turned over the keyboard I was going to play and water poured out of it. So, they started to dry the stage and our equipment off... The city actually considered calling the whole event off. So, we all prayed and as we were praying we noticed that the sun was shining on the trees. We all were so excited and ran to the cars to get to the airport on time. As soon as we got there, I ran to the stage and found Lindsay, who told me, that they were probably going to cut out one of the bands (Seven or Tall Tree) and it would most likely be Seven... 2 minutes later we were told that we wouldn't be performing at all. At 5:50 (1o minutes before we were supposed to go on) we (Nathan, Sidney, Justin, Jim, Praise, David and I) were all standing around the stage when Chris walked up and said "5 minutes - get your stuff now!" So, I used an old keyboard and we used most of the Gilland's stuff (mics, bass, drums, etc.) The keyboard sounded terrible, so I didn't play much, but we were so happy to be there. All in all, an estimated 20,000 people were at this event. Our booth was the busiest booth in the whole airport, giving away sodas, waters, ice pops, watermelon, church information, and even an 8GB Ipod Touch. It was an amazing night which clearly wouldn't have happened without God. As the night wore on, a few of us walked to the airplanes and the old cars and talked. When I came home though, I pretty much collapsed on the couch. My throat was worse than it had been that morning, I had a terrible headache, I was sore all over and my feet hurt so badly! As it turns out, I have a fever and I didn't end up going to church in the morning.
7.05.2009
Week In Review (Warning. Big post.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Wow, full week for you... I so wish I could have been down there for at least some of the Mission X time =P. How are you feeling today? Still sick?
yeah, i'm still sick, but getting better. thanks for asking. :) Yeah, we missed you! it was a crazzzzy week.
aw I'm sorry you were so sick! I never would have guessed that you were sick on Saturday, though. :) It did not seem like that many people! That's CRAZY!!! Seven sounded AMAZING!! Sorry you couldn't play much, though...
Sounds like a very fun filled busy week! and I have to agree with Carly, you did not seem sick on Saturday! I hope you get better soon!
Thanks girls! I was loaded with pain meds. :P Towards the end of the night I couldn't walk, I was in so much pain. :( but I'm doing a lot better now. <3, K
For freeeeeee! (Sorry, I just had to say that.) :)
I hope you're feeling better soon; the way you described yourself sounded terrible...:( I'll be praying for you!
Mariah♥
Ugh...those grasshoppers were soooo gross...crunch! :)
Post a Comment