
My friends are awesome. Josh and Mariah practically live with us, they're here so much. It's so much fun when they're around!!
This is my most recent Amazon purchase. The Lyricist's Notebook. It's so amazing. I haven't written anything in it yet, but I have a few that I'm going to copy over, one that I'm going to start working on again is called Sanctus Est Deo. A bit of it is in Latin... I love singing in Latin.
Next in line is my secret project that I did last Saturday: While Dad and Mom were at the Marriage Retreat I painted the downstairs bathroom for them. I had fun because I really like painting and I watched That Thing You Do! while I did it.
I love walking by it and seeing the bright, sunny yellow paint. It's a very happy color. Mom was surprised... meaning she knew as soon as she walked inside the back door. :] she always does that.
I love the Glee cast's recording of Don't Stop Believin' (and their other songs) I've never seen the show (Any idea if it's any good?) but I love the soundtrack.
Now that it's February I'm full-swing back into school. My calendar is so flippin' crazy, like, you have no idea.
And then you add these little "friends" to your life and it leaves barely any time for sanity. Wait, sanity? What is that? How does it feel to be sane? I don't even remember...
This thing is my spring semester schedule. It doesn't look as hectic as it feels. Every horizontal line (that's this way: <--->) is one week. Every vertical line (that's this way: /\) is a subject. So, first section, English. I'll be finishing that in March. *happy dance* 2nd section, Geometry. 3rd-kinda-empty-section, French. I've yet to start my 2nd swing at that. It's killing me. 4th, final section, Reading. I hate to say this, but the reading that my english class makes me do is rather boring... so I'm throwing my own spin on it. At least for this week... I'm supposed to be reading the traditional Pride and Prejudice, but instead I'm reading Pride and Prejudice and Zombies. hehehe. It's quite inspirational... I mean, Elizabeth Bennett keeps a knife around her ankle and is trained in a kick-boxing self-defense thing. It's hilarious.
Yet, under all this yellow paint, leaves, lyrics, and zombies, there is me and I'm sick as of yesterday with who-knows-what. I'm getting rather weary of being sick, as it has become a more frequent thing over the past few months. I've been sick at least once each month since November.
God is my hope. I cannot hope in health. Or money. Or friends. Or government. I can only hope and trust in God. He is my rock and foundation.
Last night at small group I was so affected by the song It is Well and as everyone was standing and singing, I sat on the couch reading the lyrics and preaching them to myself.
When peace, like a river, attendeth my way, when sorrows like sea billows roll;whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say,It is well, it is well with my soul.
Though Satan should buffet, though trials should come,let this blest assurance control,that Christ has regarded my helpless estate,and hath shed his own blood for my soul.
My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!
My sin, not in part but the whole,
is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!
And, Lord, haste the day when my faith shall be sight,the clouds be rolled back as a scroll;the trump shall resound, and the Lord shall descend,even so, it is well with my soul.How amazing is that? Is our God not awesome? "My sin not in PART but the WHOLE was nailed to the cross and I bear it no more, Praise the Lord, Praise the Lord O my soul!" Wow!
Thanks for reading. I love you guys. (:
-K
10 comments:
1. I love you Kaylee :)
2. We do the same geometry... and yes, I burst out laughing the first time I heard him back in Pre-algrebra.... sorry, it was mean but I was in 8th grade and I couldn't help myself.
3. I hope you get better soon :) I'll be praying that you'll be better and that you won't get sick so often.
4. Thanks for this post ;)
Haha yes! Oh my gosh that guy has the most hilarious, nasal-y, annoying voice ever! I laughed too, but I wasn't in 8th grade. It was last month. (seriously.) :)
And thanks! Your prayers are appreciated! :)
<3 you too!!!
HAHAHAHHAHAHA!!! sometimes (usually on mondays) towards the end of the lesson I'm like, "will you just shut up!!!" hahahh xD
He cracks me up!
Your welcome ;)
Ok so
First: It was so weird because at first I didn't realize that this was your blog and I was like "Who are those people?!" HAHA!! It took me a while to recognize you guys! Don't ask me why. I have no idea.
Second: haha! I love the Lyricist's Notebook! Sooo amazing! =)
Third: I love the new color in the bathroom.
Fourth: This may be a long comment. I don't know. =P
Fifth:I know how you feel! I barely get enough time to POST about my hectic life. =P You probably have WAY more than me though. At least it sounds like it. =)
Sixth: You are an amazing artist/doodler.
Seventh: I will be praying that you will feel better!! <3 U!
Eighth: I love that song! It is so encouraging!
Ninth:... umm.. wow! I'm done! haha! Thanks for sharing what's been going on!
First through Ninth: Thanks! You're hilarious. LOL
Hahahaha Wow Carly!
That is one LONG comment. I love it :)
Haha, I LOVE "living" with you guys!! Get your schoolwork done so I can "live" with you all some more!! :)
And that day was so much fun!!
Awesome song!! I love the parts you underlined...they are so powerful!! Our sins are completely gone-thank You, Jesus!! I love Him!! <3<3<3
(And once again all of my sentences end with at least one exclamation point...wow.) :)
Sounds crazy busy! You did an awesome job on the bathroom, very impressive =D. I hope you feel better =).
Yes it was quite a crazy week! :)
Thanks - I had a lot of fun painting! And I feel a lot better.
Hey there :) I read your blog once in a while and just thought I'd add that I LOVE Glee's version of Don't Stop Believin (and some of their other songs). I like the show a lot because of the concept and the amazing music, but every episode has a decent amount of questionable content in it, so there's a little disclaimer.
but anyway, yeah.
oh, and nice bathroom ;)
Thanks Rach! Great to hear from you and thanks for the advice! I was talking to my cousins about it yesterday and stuff and they said the same thing. But yeah! Thanks!!
Post a Comment