Why can't we just live there? I love this place. It's so lovely, even when it rains. It's just so beautiful. The house alone covers over four acres... The grounds are so extensive and the conservatory is just magnificent. Unfortunately, they don't allow photography inside the house, so the only shots I get are on the outside. It's still grand, but I wish you could see the Library and the Dining Hall. The Library has thousands of books on every subject, the Dining hall sits forty (I think) with three fireplaces at the end of the room and an organ that fills the whole south wall. They even have a music room, with a table especially designed for writing music and an exquisite piano. There is an abundance of bedrooms for ever guest imaginable, several sitting rooms, a breakfast room, three pantries, a bowling alley and an indoor swimming pool. I only wish you could see it. There's nothing like it. I look at it and just imagine what heaven will be like... Oh, so much more beautiful. 'S wonderful!
These crimson berry trees greeted us when we walked up the the welcoming center. They were so amazing...
The Conservatory held so many diverse types of flowers. It was impossible to take pictures of all of them. When I get a really good camera (like the dreamy Nikon D700) I want to go back and do a lot of picture taking!
Another flower from the Conservatory. So bright and happy on such a dreary, rainy day...
They have gardens for every season - The Spring Garden, The Summer Garden, The Autumn Garden, The Winter Garden... I believe this was the Autumn Garden...
Some things are just to beautiful to try to explain...
We went down this walkway to get the Conservatory... It was so amazing...
Even though cobwebs adorn this bush, it's more beautiful for it... I love God's creativity...
I made this panoramic picture of one of the courtyards. This one had three greek mythology statues and a little gazebo. It was grand... I wish I had more time to take pictures of just this section, but that's alright...
This was on the left side of the front door. That basin like thing was once a foutain. I just can't imagine how happy I would be sitting on those benches (on the left) and reading a book from the library...
This was the lamp on the left side of the front door. They were so amazing looking. I would love to go back in time...
These trees were on either side of the driveway. It was so amazing. I wish I could go on a long walk across the field, book in hand, just singing and walking. I wish I could go on a long ride, on horseback, or walk with a beagle at my side and a hawk on my arm. I wish I could learn archery and fencing... Or write with a inkwell and feather pen... Oh, 's wonderful...
Ah... the grand estate, the front lawn, the Christmas tree to the far left... It was so beautiful. The weather was frightning, the thunder and lightning seemed to be having their way, but as far as I'm concerned it was a lovely day...












1 comment:
Dear Kaylee,
These are gorgeous!! My fav is #3... the colors are so beautiful! Keep up the great work! :)
~Anna
(PS) I was thinking about you just last night. Been praying for you. :)
Post a Comment