11.01.2009

So much to do...

So little time... We all know the expression and say it every once in a while. It's a familiar phrase that runs through my head (very) often now-a-days. For example... i have seventeen post-it notes in my room with things to do like...

_ hem curtains
_ make pillows
_ de-clutter
_ clean bedroom
_ clean living room
_ fold and put away 5-7 loads of laundry
_ mop the floors
_ buy a lamp by the bed
_ buy an awesome dirt devil vacuum
_ buy carpet
_ buy a trash can
_ buy a mirror
_ get a new cd case
_ find new shorts
_ find some white and black t-shirts
_ buy khaki pants
_call Brittany B. about photos
_ have Patience
_ have Joy
_ have Kindness
_ have Humility
_ remember that sanctification requires trials.
_ ask for wisdom
_ save for a trip home (to Maryland)
_ go thrifting
_ ask Mom and Dad - FIRST!
_ Think about it - Is this a stumbling block?
_ o.O

And a few have random scriptures on them like Romans 8:31 and Proverbs 12:1... but anyway, I'm telling you all of this because I've realized that these post-it notes have the incredible power to encourage you! The ones that read, "Patience, Joy, Kindness, and Humility" have helped me... actually it's really God who's been helping me, but you know what I mean... anyway God's helped me realize that I don't have to be impatient in a situation, I can be patient and kind. When my brother's driving me crazy I can look at these notes and recall that kindness is better than getting upset and angry. It's just really served me and I thought I'd share it with you.

Peace!
-K

2 comments:

Kaybs said...

Love the pic.
Thanks for posting this Smallgroup. :)
yes, post it note are amazing and putting words on them is an awesome idea!!! Thanks again :)

Unknown said...

Haha thanks Fridge. Yeah, I frequently put words on them, and sometimes I put swirls and frowning faces on them... haha I love my nickname!!!